Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wan and his fondness for books.

6Wan is growing up soo fast. Almost about 2-3 months ago I read IndigoBaby's Monica Eleazar's blog about the benefits of getting your child to read at an early age. I was so inspired and motivated that I brought a new book for my son the very next week. I found this book first after rummaging through the messy and uncategorized shelves of the National Bookstore.



I read it to him that very night I bought the book and I was surprised on how well he actually listened. I continued to read it to him everyday not just before bedtime but also before he'd take naps in the afternoon. According to this article in the The Little Ones Reading Resource, reading 20 minutes a day helps your child's language to develop easily.

I was just surprised that one day after a week of reading to him his first book as a toddler, each time before we'd take a nap he'd point to where his book is. I think he memorized the story already cos he now knows what's going to happen as the page turns. I was so amazed at his fondness for reading that I brought him two more books...


This book came with the ERIC CARLE Mini Library, for now this is one of his favorites. This is his SLEEPY TIME book. And because of this book, he uttered his first word clearly, "Papa." =)


He also enjoys this book alot. :) Especially how the very hungry caterpillar created hole through everything he eats.


....and this one came from Mama :) It helps him recognize different animals. Now what do you see?

Reading is now one of his home works. His day shouldn't end without reading a book or two. And really its a major help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment