Wednesday, January 20, 2010

To my little boy.


Dear Wan,

By the time you can read this you might be around 15–18 years old. This is just one of the many letters and notes that Mum has in store for you. Today is your very special day; you came into this world at 9:47pm last Jan. 14, 2009 via Caesarean Section. Mummy was a bit too excited to see you after 3 days of Induced Labor and still feeling painless despite all that medicine.

Today marks your 1st year of life, first year of existence. Mummy is so proud that we have come this far together. You have become a very smart and intelligent little boy. Mummy is very proud of all your big achievements, sloppy firsts and milestones. That makes me realize how lucky I am to be your number one and greatest fan of all time. You have brought a different kind of joy and happiness and best of all… you made my life more meaningful as I struggle to live each day of it. Having you made me realize how different my life has become. At some point I could no longer see that selfish side of me, since now I put you first in line of my priorities before myself.

Thank you for bringing a smile to me, Mama and Papa’s face. A smile that makes me all teary eyed and proud of what you have become day by day. At 5 months, you already know how to clap your hands. The song Itsy Bitsy Spider has become your favorite as well as I Have Two Hands and the Alphabet Song. I remember so well that look you have in your eyes whenever we sing that song to you. You never hesitate to show what you’ve got. This makes me think that I gave birth to a multitalented performer. There are times that Mummy still hasn’t got over your “baby phase”, seems like time is short. You have grown so fast that sometimes I catch myself in awe at every new thing that you do by yourself. At an early age, you have been very friendly and very affectionate to people who adore you. You like making them smile.

Amidst all the hardships and difficulties that Mummy has to go through every day, Mummy is still your SUPERMUM. It’s a big world out there and I will do the best I can to keep you safe, protect you and guide you every step of the way. I will try my best to be always there whenever you need me cos at the end of the day it’s always just the two of us. I know that there are things that are hard to explain to you at this moment, but I promise you that when the right time comes I will tell you everything.

I will do everything that I can to give you the best of what this life has to offer, alongside with it is Mama, Papa, Uncle Pat and Uncle James who loves you twice as much.

We love you so much.

Happy Birthday, my one and only!


Love,
Mummy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment