Friday, May 13, 2011

Mommy Moments Thursday -- Here Comes the Baby!

mommy moments

Another Mommy Moment on a Thursday!

I was actually overdue for 2 weeks when I decided to have an Induction of Labor. Besides the fact that I already felt excited to see my son, I feared the fact that he might eat his poop or otherwise called Meconium Aspiration. I think you know the feeling of being exhausted and excited at the same time -- well, that's exactly how I felt! I checked in January 10 and underwent 3 days of induced labor without even undergoing the actual labor. I felt no pain at all and I only got as far as 4cm. I finally met my little Wan on January 14, 2009 at 9:47 pm via Caesarean Section.
I saw him the next day after I got fully rested and all. When I finally got to hold him inside the breastfeeding room, our first meeting was breathless. It was surreal. I couldn't believe it myself that I am actually holding my own son -- my very own flesh and blood. The first thing I did was check his whole body -- his fingers, his toes, his eyes, his skin, his ears -- then I smelled him. He was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my lifetime. I knew it, I was in love.

Wan was discharged a day after I got out. He had to stay for awhile until his being yellowish subsided. His first night went well. He wasn't a colicky baby. He cries when he's hungry. He sleeps most of the time. To sum it all up, I never had a hard time on him. I did not get him used to carrying and rocking him when he sleeps. Instead, he sleeps on my chest while I pat his back.

Motherhood caught me off guard. But I have to be tough. I have to be strong for that little boy who's counting on me. I discovered the world of parenting on my own without a partner and a yaya to help me through. It was a challenge that I soon got to love along the way. I was hands on and even if I got tired, just seeing him sleep makes me forget about the worries, the fears and the anxieties that I have. Yet, indeed they can't be babies forever.

Its just priceless seeing him grow up each day and not missing out on his sloppy firsts.
He's already in the world of terrible TWO and one curious George!

Having my son is the most beautiful accident that has ever happened to me... it was a blessing in disguise. It has surely changed my outlook and gave my life a 360 degree turn. I already found my reason to wake up each day with much enthusiasm, to strive harder and to never give up the battles that lie ahead of us.

There will be good days and bad days, but we'll get through. =)
I have found my piece of heaven on earth and the only person who can love me forever.



7 comments:

  1. Aw! Your words convey true optimism. I agree that we will all win the battles of life. HE will never give us something we cannot surpass. Cheers to a good life with our kids! Nice pictures!

    Care to check my story? Thanks and see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January 14 was my expected date of delivery too but my son came out a week earlier! Be blessed! You are a mom now! Visiting your MM entry!

    hope you could visit mine too!
    http://www.mommypinks.com/2011/05/14/mommy-journey-here-comes-the-baby/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so sweet... the very cute baby already turned into a handsome little boy..

    care to visit MY ENTRY?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your post. our lives are never the same once we see our babies... :) happy mommy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, a child's love is unconditional. You're blessed to have him in your life. Happy MM! Here's my entry: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/05/mommy-moments-here-comes-the-baby.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. it really is surreal- i never believed in love at first sight until i had a first glimpse of my own kids... the best feeling ever

    Have a great week fellow awesome mom and hope you have a look at my MM entry as well.
    I Love Darly!
    Food and Passion

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great story! A child is really a blessing and brings joy to our lives.

    Visiting from Mommy Moments :)

    ReplyDelete