Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rock 'n' Roll madness

I have this "thing" for rockstars, skulls, stars and tattoos. It started back in the 90s when I couldn't get over MTV back in the 1st Grade. Thus I got to know Blind Melon, Nirvana and such. My fondness grew when I stepped into 5th grade and was introduced to Alanis Morissette. The list just went on and on up until highschool and yes, college.



The moment I knew I was pregnant, I let Wan listen to my kind of music on my fone's playlist. We listened to Jeff Buckley, The Carpenters, Copeland, Sepultura, Everytime I Die to light and bubbly Feist, Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson. It amazes me how he responded to these while he was inside my tummy.

I remember Pachuca Sunrise by Minus The Bear, whenever he hears it he either kicks or he calms down. Its actually one of those songs that puts him to sleep and one of my personal faves.


And until now I carry that "thing" with me although I am not as updated when it comes to music nowadays. I started collecting these only last year, thrifted and brand new. One of my wishlists was to buy Wan band shirts. And yeah, bit by bit I am now starting these collectibles from shirts to onesies and some of it has been worn by Wan yet. Oh well, my guilty pleasure. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment