Tuesday, March 22, 2011

sleepless on a Tuesday.

I have been awake since 11pm yesterday up to now, with only 2 hours of sleep from 8am to 11am. Its not another insomnia Tuesday, no. It was my exam day with this VA company that I am applying for and it kinda gave me the jitters since I am very much nervous. I have been bumming for a 2 months now and I do not like it at all. Its like I am slowly losing my ego again. So here I am scouting for greener pastures that can allow me to work in the convenience of my own home. Going back, the exam scared the hell out of me because of the fact that I wasn't at all prepared and my mind set wasn't on a focus. The exam went well, I had answers to the module review quiz and the last part of the exam was a 300-word Article Writing with a very striking question to answer...

What honest mistake have you committed that turned out to be favorable to you?

It almost took me around 20 minutes to fully digest the question. I thought for awhile on what, out of the thousands, particular honest mistake that I have done that turned out to be favorable in the long run. Think. Thinking some more. I was squeezing my sleepy brain franticly and finally, I went on.

If you ask me what honest mistake I committed in the 26 years of my existence was becoming pregnant. I think anyone could agree that once you become a parent, your whole life will change. Getting married and having a child was in my plans, but I never expected it to be this early and that I'd end up to be a single parent for a fact. With this unexpected 360-degrees turn, I had mixed emotions that just seems to be overwhelming. I remember crying most of time over the fact that I have nobody to comfort me in the most crucial stage a woman can undergo.

But then when Wan came out everything changed. All these negative emotions just vanished within a sec. I finally met the one person whom I know will love me forever, even if I've gotten fat or not as beautiful as I was. Even if admit that patience is not my virtue, staying up late until the wee hours of the morning because he is sick, not having the chance to buy something for yourself anymore, or putting up with wild mood swings, I have no choice since it comes with the whole package -- embrace the storm and love every minute of it.

Even if I know that raising your child alone is one of the hardest job anyone can have, I will embrace it and I will keep going. I already have something to keep me going. Because even if you are tired and weary and almost giving up, his sloppy kisses just melts it away and actually, I loved how it changed me.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I was wondering if you would agree to be featured on my Mommy Talks section? We would talk about being a single mom...

    Do send me an email at amador dot christine at gmail dot com

    Many thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete